Topical Betnovate Cream Summary
Be that allergies, skin irritation, or eczema - all of these conditions can and should be treated with proper medications, in case conventional methods of treatment prove to be unsuccessful. Topical steroids are among the most suitable drugs for this purpose, and Betnovate cream stands out among other similar medications. This cream allows patients to treat various types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, without the need of using oral steroids or injections that put a lot of strain on the organism and can become the cause of numerous adverse reactions. Since Betnovate cream only affects a localized area of the skin, the organism is spared from most of the exposure to steroids, enabling precise, pinpoint treatment. While there are different formulations of Betnovate (including cream, lotion, and ointment), the cream formula is best suited to treat mild to moderate damage on the skin that still retains some moisture and is not excessively dry or flaking. Betnovate is considered to be a potent steroid, meaning that it is usually prescribed when other, milder forms of steroids have failed or were proven ineffective. For the same reason, if it is used for treatment in children above 2 years old (as per the indicated age restriction), the treatment should be executed with caution, limiting the use of this drug to 5 days total, not more. You can find more detailed information regarding the use of this drug in the Application Details section.
Treating Inflammation with Betnovate
The process of inflammation of body's tissues plays a very important role in maintaining the well-being of the organism, being part of the immune system and its function. But, in some cases the immune system may react over-actively on the influence of external irritants, producing a more volatile response than necessary. This may happen due to the effect of certain diseases and disorders, which misguide the organism to induce an excessive response to various irritants. The immune system may react in various ways, but the process of inflammation is in most cases the main cause of concern. By stimulating the production of a specific substance in the area affected by an irritant, the immune system causes blood vessels to expand, stimulating the blood flow, raising the temperature, causing swelling, itching and pain. When Betnovate is applied atop the affected area of the skin, it decreases the rate at which this substance is produced, preventing the occurrence of inflammation and thus all of the symptoms that follow it.
As such, this medication can be used to treat any of the following conditions:
- Various forms of dermatitis (including neurodermatitis);
- Inflammatory conditions of the skin (prurigo nodularis, discoid lupus erythematosus, erythroderma);
- Allergic reactions occurring on the skin surface;
As most steroid medications, Betnovate should only be applied when other types of drugs as well as conventional conventional methods (e.g. skin care, moisturizers, irritant awareness, etc.) have failed and there is a need of medical treatment. You may buy Betnovate cream online to treat any of the mentioned conditions at your own accord, but it is still recommended that you visit a doctor and receive proper explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using this drug.
Betnovate Application Details
Since Betnovate cream is considered to be a fairly potent medication, it is important to strictly follow the indicated instructions when using it. Failing to do so may result in unwanted side effects and reduced effectiveness of treatment. If you have purchased this medication without a prior meeting with your doctor, for example if you buy Betnovate cream online, make sure you are fully aware of the precautions and potential dangers regarding this drug. An example is when you purchase this drug in case you have had satisfactory experience with it in the past, or if you had lost or otherwise made your prescribed medication unusable.
In order to assist you in your upcoming therapy, provided below are some of the basic instructions necessary to carry out the treatment with Betnovate:
- Betnovate is to be spread in a thin, film-like layer atop the affected skin surface. Excessive amounts of cream will not bring any significant improvement of symptoms;
- You will most probably be prescribed with the lowest effective dosage for your condition, which will affect the frequency at which the cream should be applied. Exceeding this dosage, or using less than recommended, may render the treatment ineffective;
- When applying this medication to sensible areas of the skin, such as the face, underarms or groin area, remember that Betnovate should not be used for more than 5 days in a row for this purpose, even if you feel you need additional treatment. Using it for longer periods of time will most likely cause adverse or harmful reactions, while providing no additional beneficial effects. For the same reason, children under 10 years of age should not use this cream for longer than 5 days, regardless of what area is being treated;
- Depending on the type of condition you are going to be treating, as well as the position of affected area of the skin, you may need to cover it with a tight dressing to avoid spreading the medication onto healthy surrounding skin, thus stimulation unneeded exposure to the drug. Children under the age of twelve should carry a dressing over the applied medication at all times.
- Usually, you will notice the improvement of your symptoms within 4 weeks after you begin the therapy with Betnovate. If no noticeable effects are present after this time, you should contact your doctor and ask for instructions;